Monday, May 16, 2011

J is for Jam

Freezer Jam
This past Friday, me and some of my friends took our kids to pick strawberries at a local strawberry farm.  We picked lots of strawberries and then cooled off with some strawberry ice cream at the farm.  I decided I would try to make some freezer jam after hearing 2 of my girlfriends talk about how easy it is to make.  I used the recipe from Ball.  It was so easy!!!   SUPER easy; I'm ready to pick more berries and make lots more jam.

Ingredients

  • 1 1.59-ounce package Ball® Simple Creations® No Cook Freezer Jam Fruit Pectin
  • 1-1/2 cups sugar or SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granular
  • 4 cups crushed strawberries (about 4 1-pound containers)

Preparation

  1. STIR sugar (or SPLENDA®) and contents of pectin package in a bowl until well blended.
  2. ADD crushed strawberries. Stir 3 minutes.
  3. LADLE jam into clean plastic 8 oz Ball Freezer Jars to fill line. Twist on lids. Let stand until thickened, about 30 minutes. Serve immediately, refrigerate up to three weeks or freeze up to one year.
  4. YIELD: About five (8 ounce) half pints.
Enjoy the Taste of
Simple Goodness

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails